Nicola Brand Strings offers a Student Discount of 10% for a student(s) enrolled in a Music School or Music Program at School.
It's important, to us at Nicola Brand Strings, to keep the Joy of Music Alive. By helping Children and Adults who want to learn or are learning to play a sting musical instrument; Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Mandola, Resonator, and Violin is what Nicola Strings is about!
We at Nicola have implemented the "Nicola Educational Student Discount Program!"
Upon enrollment and acceptance into our program, students will receive Student Discounts on all Nicola Brand String Products.
These are some of the ways Playing Music improves your life.
- Music enhances fine motor skills, or the ability to use small, acute muscle movements to write, use a computer, and perform other physical tasks.
- Forgeard, 2008; Hyde, 2009; Schlaug et al. 2005, "The Effects of Musical Training on Structural Brain Development A Longitudinal Study," The Neurosciences and Music III: Disorders and Plasticity: Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1169: 182–186 (2009).
- Everyday listening skills are stronger in musically-trained children than in those without music training. Significantly, listening skills are closely tied to the ability to: perceive speech in a noisy background, pay attention, and keep sounds in memory.
- Strait, D.L. and N. Kraus, Biological impact of auditory expertise across the life span: musicians as a model of auditory learning. Hearing Research, 2013.
- Students who take music in middle school score significantly higher on algebra assignments in 9th grade than their non-music counterparts.
- Helmrich. B. H. (2010). Window of opportunity? Adolescence, music, and algebra. Journal of Adolescent Research. 25 (4).
- Studies show that even a few years of musical training early in life improve how the brain processes sound, and that the benefits of early exposure to music education last well into adulthood, years after the training has ceased.
- Skoe, E. and N. Kraus, A little goes a long way: how the adult brain is shaped by musical training in childhood. The Journal of Neuroscience, 2012. 32(34): p. 11507-11510.
Information above provide by NAMM Foundation's website. LINK
You must fill out the Student Application From and you will need to provide verifiable information about the Music School or Music Program the student is enrolled in. If we can not verify a ligament School or Program you may not qualify for this special Student Discount.
ONLINE STUDENT FORM